Child Support & Modification

Houston Child Support Attorney

The Financial Support to Raise a Child

Raising a child costs money. Nobody can deny that. But how much money does it cost? Who is going to pay? Those critical questions need to be answered during a divorce.

At the law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., we put our experience to work getting accurate answers to those questions. We will stand by your side. We will see that your child receives the appropriate amount of financial support.

Child Support and Divorce

Child support is based on a formula. In most cases, income information is plugged into the formula and the amount that comes out is the amount that will stay.

The courts can deviate from the formula if they see fit, however. Such deviations are based on unusual situations, such as a requirement for expensive medical care, attendance at costly private schools and more. Our attorneys know how to handle deviations. We know how to pursue accurate child support orders.

Child Support Modification

If you are like most people, your life is filled with changes. Sometimes, these changes may affect the original outcome of your divorce. You may need to modify divorce orders accordingly.

Child support modifications are based on the salary of the person paying. If the salary goes up or down, child support may need to be changed. We can seek to make those changes.

Child Support Enforcement

Divorce Practice orders are legally binding. If they are not being obeyed, the law is being broken. The courts have the right to enforce them. If you are not receiving child support, our lawyers can take action to obtain the necessary financial support for your child.

Talk to a Board-Certified Family Law Attorney

Call us at (713) 952-1115 or contact us to speak with our firm serving Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas.

The law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., represents people in Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas, including Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond/Rosenberg, Katy, Bellaire, Pearland, Alvin, Pasadena, Baytown, La Porte, Galveston, Texas City, League City, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Webster, as well as all cities within Harris County, Fort Bend County, Brazoria County and Galveston County.