Division of Businesses, Real Estate & Stock Options
A Houston Lawyer Valuing Businesses and Dividing Property
Rarely is property division a simple matter. Some types of property need to be addressed much more carefully than others. Among these are businesses, real estate and stock options.
At the law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., our attorneys understand how to handle the division of these types of assets during divorce. With almost 30 years of experience serving Houston and the surrounding region, you can be confident that you and your property are in good hands when you choose us.
Assistance With the Division of Real Estate, Stock Options and Your Company
In order to properly divide an asset, we need to determine how much the asset is worth. For complex assets, we work with trusted experts in order to achieve an accurate valuation.
Experts can handle the valuation of:
- Large and small businesses
- Homes, rental properties, condos, vacation homes and other real estate
- Stock options in any type of company
Protecting Your Interests When Dividing Property
Property division is never a matter of simply splitting things up 50/50. In fact, there are many different ways to divide stock options, real estate and business property.
- After receiving the valuation of your business, you may decide that you want to keep it. To do so, you may be willing to provide your spouse with other assets to compensate for the difference.
- Neither you nor your spouse may want to keep the house. You may wish to sell that asset and split the money received.
- You determine that you can do without the stock options, which your spouse would like to have. In return though, you would like to keep the vacation home.
Our Houston lawyers can work carefully to determine a divorce settlement that makes sense to you. If your spouse is unwilling to agree, we have the ability to take the matter to trial to pursue a positive outcome.
Talk To a Board-Certified Family Law Attorney
Call us at (713) 952-1115 or contact us online to speak with our firm serving Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas. We will discuss the valuation and division of business assets, real estate and stock options.