Grandparent, Third Party & Stepparent Rights

Grandparents & Step Parents Visitation Rights Houston Lawyer

Staying Involved in a Child's Life

For grandparents and third parties with a close connection to the child, staying involved in a child's life can be a challenge. Your rights are limited.

At the law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., our attorneys can help grandparents and stepparents exert their rights. We can work closely with you to determine what options you have. We will help you remain involved in the life of a child you love.

Grandparents Rights

Our law firm can help grandparents work out visitation agreements that can allow them to remain in their grandchild's life.

In serious cases, we can help grandparents pursue child custody. In order for a grandparent to achieve custody, there has to be a clear indication that the child's mental, emotional or physical health is in jeopardy if he or she stays with his or her parents. These cases may involve parents who have been sent to jail, become involved in drugs or are frequently absent for other reasons.

Stepparent Rights

Stepparent rights can generally only be obtained in extreme and unique circumstances. A stepparent may be able to obtain custody if a birth parent has placed a child's safety in jeopardy.

Our lawyers will take great care to educate you about your rights as a grandparent or stepparent. We will give you a realistic assessment of your case. We will pursue an outcome that meets your needs.

Talk to a Board-Certified Family Law Attorney

Call us at (713) 952-1115 or contact us online to speak with our firm serving Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas.

The law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., represents people in Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas, including Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond/Rosenberg, Katy, Bellaire, Pearland, Alvin, Pasadena, Baytown, La Porte, Galveston, Texas City, League City, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Webster, as well as all cities within Harris County, Fort Bend County, Brazoria County and Galveston County.