Parental Alienation

Houston Parental Alienation Attorney

Is Your Ex Turning Your Child Against You?

Parental alienation, sometimes referred to as parental alienation syndrome (PAS), is the term used for situations in which a child develops a negative perception toward one parent because of comments or actions made by the other parent. Not only does this damage the relationship between the child and the parent, it can also cause the child serious psychological harm.

At the law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., our attorneys understand how to address this unique issue. With almost 30 years of experience on our side, we can help you combat parental alienation.

Parental Alienation During a Divorce

Divorce Practice can be extremely emotional. It is not unusual for one parent to lose sight of what is right and engage in tactics to try to get the result he or she wants.

They may begin to tell their child negative things about the other parent. They may leave notes for their child, reminding them of all the bad things the other parent supposedly did. They may bring up affairs, infidelity and other things that a child should not have to hear. Often, the things they say are falsified or exaggerated.

Our lawyers will try to fight these tactics. We do not want to see your relationship with your child damaged because of parental alienation.

Parental Alienation After a Divorce

Often, parental alienation can become an issue years after a divorce is finalized. One parent may simply start telling a child bad things about the other parent. His or her goal is to get more time with his or her child.

When a parent toys with his or her child's mind, we want to see that strategy backfire. We can seek modification of child custody and visitation orders to keep them away from the child. We want to prevent any further emotional damage.

While these matters can be difficult to prove, we have the experience to handle them. We can bring in mental health professionals that can strengthen our argument. We will strive to set things right.

Talk to a Board-Certified Family Law Attorney

Call us at (713) 952-1115 or contact us to speak with our firm serving Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas.

The law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., represents people in Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas, including Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond/Rosenberg, Katy, Bellaire, Pearland, Alvin, Pasadena, Baytown, La Porte, Galveston, Texas City, League City, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Webster, as well as all cities within Harris County, Fort Bend County, Brazoria County and Galveston County.