Relocation Of Children Or Parents | Houston Lawyer

Handling a Parental Move Away Case

Are you interested in moving out of state with your child because of an exciting job offer? Has your former spouse threatened to move away with your child due to remarriage?

At the law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., our attorneys understand that parental relocation is a delicate matter. When you come to us, we will provide you with clear information about your choices. We will give you an honest assessment of the potential outcomes. You can count on us to be honest during difficult times.

What Is the Impact On the Child?

When a parent requests relocation, which essentially entails a serious modification to child custody and visitation arrangements, the first thing that a judge will ask about is how the move away will affect the child.

Will it provide the child with opportunities for an improved life, opportunities that he or she would not get if the relocation didn't happen? Will the severing of a relationship with one parent do more harm to the child than good?

Our lawyers will find the answers to these questions. We will put together a strategy to help you do what is best for you and your child.

What Type of Relationship Does the Child Have With Each Parent?

The second factor the court will consider is the strength of the child's relationship with each parent. Realistically, the court will examine the reasons the requesting parent has to move and the relationship the non-custodial parent has with the child including frequency and duration of visits as spelled out in the possession and access order.

We will carefully assess the situation. We will find any extenuating circumstances that may serve to counter the traditional factors that the courts look at. You can be confident our experience can help you achieve the outcome you are looking for.

Talk to a Board-Certified Family Law Attorney

Call us at (713) 952-1115 or contact us to speak with our firm serving Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas.

The law firm of Joseph Indelicato, Jr., P.C., represents people in Houston and the surrounding parts of Texas, including Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond/Rosenberg, Katy, Bellaire, Pearland, Alvin, Pasadena, Baytown, La Porte, Galveston, Texas City, League City, Clear Lake, Friendswood, Webster, as well as all cities within Harris County, Fort Bend County, Brazoria County and Galveston County.